Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Congressmember Schiff is giving “serious consideration” to a U.S. Senate run in 2016



A spokesperson for the potential campaign of U.S. Representative Adam Schiff (D-Burbank) today issued this statement to Etopia News:


"Since Senator Boxer announced her retirement, I have been encouraged by many Californians to run for her seat in 2016.  As the opportunity to run for a California senate seat comes around very seldom and I would relish the chance to serve the entire state, I am giving the matter serious consideration.

"Last week, I was named to the top Democratic position on the intelligence committee, and I am deeply grateful for the confidence that my House colleagues have placed in me. The demands and responsibilities of this new position are considerable, and I hope to reach a decision in the near future after consulting with my family, friends and constituents."

Up until now, this race has been dominated by the presence in it of California Attorney General Kamala Harris and the decision not to contest the seat by billionaire climate activist Tom Steyer.

No comments: